Useful Authorities

Sometimes it is just good to know who should you contact with your questions. Here is the list of authorities that might be useful for you:

Short-term employment, residence permits, issuing documents - Estonian Police & Border Guard Board 

Settling in Estonia -  Migration Advice 

Visa requirements, consular info - Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 

Population registration, residence registration - Estonian Ministry of the Interior 

Customs clearance, taxes, employee registration - Estonian Tax & Customs Board

Education - Estonian Ministry of Education and Research 

Health insurance - Estonian Health Insurance Fund 

Social benefits and pensions - Estonian Social Insurance Board 

Car registration, driver’s license - Estonian Road Administration 

Unemployment registration, job search - Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund 

Evaluation of foreign documents and qualifications -  ENIC/NARIC